Stormin Mormon

Default Newbie at This Stuff

Sometimes the other customers at the store are your best resource.

I used to work for Sears back in 1996, and I wasn't all that impressed.
Their stuff can be over priced, and very often the repair parts are sized a
little differently then the rest of the world, and you have to buy Sears
parts for Sears products. I don't like that.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Alana Gibson" wrote in message

I have also found their salesmen to be very helpful, one even
took chain saws down from a wall display to let me feel them in my hand.

Be sure to check out the size/weight and the feel of the tool
before you buy it.

Other helpful info can be found at your local hardware/lumber yard. I
have taken things in and asked for help selecting a replacement and
gotten the right one,

One other thing when shopping for tools and material where you may need
to ask questions, go at a time when the sales people are not very busy,
not a good idea on Mondays when all the tradespeople are getting ready
for the week or on Saturday when all of us DIY'ers are out there
shopping too.