Posted to alt.home.repair

Default In defense of the electoral college

On Wed, 30 Nov 2016 19:33:52 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

I'm not working. I'm disabled and stuck in a wheelchair after working all my life. I need new knees and shoulders and live with a great deal of pain. There is nothing I'd like more than to be working and was still working after having a heart attack and being sent home to die. I haven't been able to walk for more than 2 years and it's very frustrating. I receive Social Security and am a Medicaid patient. So it's your assertion that I shouldn't be allowed to vote? I think I've earned my right to vote as a law abiding citizen. I have a problem with able bodied people who have even a modicum of intelligence sitting on their butts while getting public assistance. I believe in workfare and would like to see it implemented by a Trump administration and used as part of his promise to rebuild the country's infrastructure. Heck, put the able bodied welfare recipients to work cleaning up their neighborhoods. ?( ?_?)?

Maybe they could get you some training in something that you can do
sitting down. There were a number of disabled folks in the computer
biz, even before they were a protected class. Not complaining, just
suggesting you might find something that fulfills you a bit more and
makes you some bucks.