Posted to alt.home.repair

Default In defense of the electoral college

On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 7:13:07 PM UTC-6, Taxpayer wrote:
Votes should be PER PERSON. Nothing else makes sense. No one person is more important than another.

Unfortunately the United States has an over-abundance of lazy worthless freeloaders. They are a huge financial burden on the taxpayers.

In my opinion, if someone is not working and paying taxes, they should not be allowed to vote.

I'm not working. I'm disabled and stuck in a wheelchair after working all my life. I need new knees and shoulders and live with a great deal of pain. There is nothing I'd like more than to be working and was still working after having a heart attack and being sent home to die. I haven't been able to walk for more than 2 years and it's very frustrating. I receive Social Security and am a Medicaid patient. So it's your assertion that I shouldn't be allowed to vote? I think I've earned my right to vote as a law abiding citizen. I have a problem with able bodied people who have even a modicum of intelligence sitting on their butts while getting public assistance. I believe in workfare and would like to see it implemented by a Trump administration and used as part of his promise to rebuild the country's infrastructure. Heck, put the able bodied welfare recipients to work cleaning up their neighborhoods. ”Œ( à²*_à²*)”˜

[8~{} Uncle Wheeled Monster