Posted to alt.home.repair

Default In defense of the electoral college

On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 3:53:31 PM UTC-6, FromTheRafters wrote:
Uncle Monster explained on 11/30/2016 :
On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 11:49:41 AM UTC-6, CJ wrote:
This is NOT a democracy. Why can't people get that. We are a REPUBLIC.
There is a huge difference.

I've heard that the system of government of The United States is a
"Constitutional Republic." Here is an interesting site that explains it..
Check out the home page too. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

http://www.stopthenorthamericanunion...Democracy.html

[8~{} Uncle Constitutional Monster

http://www.usconstitution.net/constfaq_q76.html

I don't believe the word,"democracy" appears in the U.S. Constitution.

Article IV Section 4, of the Constitution "guarantees to every state in this union a Republican form of government".... Conversely, the word Democracy is not mentioned even once in the Constitution... Madison warned us of the dangers of democracies with these words,

"Democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths...",

In other words, democracies always fail and the founders knew this because they were highly educated. Keep arguing about it because debate leads to learning since it makes you seek knowledge. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Teaching Monster