Colbyt

Default Newbie at This Stuff

"Denise" wrote in message
Hello there!

My questions, I'm sure, will either make the pro's out there laugh their
butts off, or think...geez, this woman really doesn't have a clue, does

she?
But then again, if I want to learn, I have to ask...and I am a babe in the
woods when it comes to this stuff. Hopefully you can bear with me with

even
the most inane of questions.

Now here is my initial dilemma: I am in the process of buying new drapes
for my living room windows, and I went out to Canadian Tire and bought
myself an inexpensive drill. When I asked the guy in tools about drill

bits
and other things, he looked at me as if I had ten heads, and I want to

avoid
further embarrasment. (Needless to say, I didn't ask what other kinds of
tools a female new to home repairs would need) I just wanted to get the
hell outta there.

The drill and bits (a pre pack kit of 10-20 bits, 1/16 to 3/8") will handle
most home chores.

Hammer, pliers, vise grips (locking pliers), slotted & Phillips
screw-drivers (2 each most popular sizes), an adjustable wrench (some times
called a crescent wrench). If you get to plumbing a set of pipe wrenches.

If you need some help with the drapery install post here again or email me.
That's what I do for a living. I just work on old houses for fun!

Colbyt