Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword James Wilkinson Sword is offline

Default In defense of the electoral college

On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 01:02:56 -0000, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Had to snip a bunch due to aioe quotation limit.

Are you saying you don't want each individual citizen to have an
equal vote?

We do within our respective states. This

But not within the whole of the USA. Your system appears to be as ****ed up as the UK's. We want proportional representation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nebraska_Congressional_Districts,_113th_Congr ess.tif

is how Nebraska is divided land wise to give each of us close to one vote
per person.
Each area elects one representative to the House. We vote state wide for
our two senators.

--
A Jewish woman is sitting at a bar. A man approaches her.
"Hi, honey," he says. "Want a little company?"