Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Electronic water softeners e.g. Vulcan 3000 - how effective?

In article ,
Eusebius wrote:
But tell me more about "furred up inside pipe"....?

"furrer up" means that there are deposits clinging to then pipe walls.
In this house, I removed a straight piece of pipe which had been in
place for 60 years and I couldn't see through it. Just look inside
your kettle.

-- from KT24 in Surrey, England

So this furring up was exactly where the wires were wrapped around the
pipe to fit the descaler?

sinmce the [ipe was insstalled in 1911 And I removed it in 1988, I doubt if
it even knew what an electric descaler was.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England