Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Electronic water softeners e.g. Vulcan 3000 - how effective?

In article ,
Eusebius wrote:
Personal experience? I removed one (probably not a £600 one) from the
incoming mains water here and it was all furred up inside the pipe.

We have a salt based system and the difference between this and the
electrical system is pronounced. That is, salt works and the electric
version doesn't.

Vulcan 3000 looks much the same - wrapped around the incoming pipe and
using magic/advance science. Cheers Dave R

So no takers..... I know Russ Andrews products and point well taken.

But tell me more about "furred up inside pipe"....?

"furrer up" means that there are deposits clinging to then pipe walls. In
this house, I removed a straight piece of pipe which had been in place for
60 years and I couldn't see through it. Just look inside your kettle.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England