Posted to uk.d-i-y
Eusebius Eusebius is offline

Default Electronic water softeners e.g. Vulcan 3000 - how effective?

Personal experience? I removed one (probably not a £600 one) from the
incoming mains water here and it was all furred up inside the pipe.

We have a salt based system and the difference between this and the
electrical system is pronounced. That is, salt works and the electric
version doesn't.

Vulcan 3000 looks much the same - wrapped around the incoming pipe and
using magic/advance science. Cheers Dave R

So no takers..... I know Russ Andrews products and point well taken.

But tell me more about "furred up inside pipe"....?