Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Coronet Major - A dilemma

On 29/11/2016 12:23, Bill wrote:
In message , Bob Minchin
writes
I expect the op has resolved his dilemma in the intervening 13 years
since raising the issue or even died?

But it was a nice, worthwhile post. If the OP is like me, he might still
have the lathe and still be hoping he'll reach a round tuit.

Indeed, it prompted me to go find out what one looked like. Turns out
they are quite interesting machines:

http://www.lathes.co.uk/coronet/

I quite admire the design effort that managed to make such a versatile
machine and range of attachments, but part of me keeps thinking, I am
not quite sure I would have started with a lathe as the foundation of
the system.

--
Cheers,

John.