Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default How Much Rock Salt to Kill Roots?

On Monday, January 31, 2011 at 10:02:13 PM UTC-5, Vic Smith wrote:
On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 17:03:00 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

What size dosage? A cup? A pound? 25 pounds?

What's a "regular interval"? Every week? Every month? Every quarter?

Right there I've got 9 possible sets of "repeated dosages at regular
intervals", but still no clue as to what is the optimum.

With all the "science" I've seen posted in this ng across a variety of
topics, I'm surprised no one knows the correct amount and time frame.

Probably because nobody here has used rock salt to kill roots.
When I had a sewer root problem I bought a root killer for that, can't
remember which one.
But there were instructions on the box (or bottle).

--Vic

I have been using rock salt to kill tree roots for at least 20 years. i do the 25 pounds split over a few days in the early spring when trees are about to bud out. works great, cant kill trees. killing a tree with root killer can cost thousands to remove a mature dying tree