Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_4_] Bob Minchin[_4_] is offline

Default Passing gas

Weatherlawyer wrote:
I have a cabinet gat heater that won't light. Gas is getting through but the pilot light won't catch and I can not get the flame lit with a lighter. I think it is in the clicker switch but have no idea where to look or how to.

Anyone have expereince with the damn things. I have the idea the switch got proressively worse at the end of last year and only found it had completely failed after buying a refill cyclinder the weekend.

Tis a ****er!

Check the wire to the piezo igniter and makes sure the electrode is
clean and there no dirt that the spark can track back to earth.