Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mrcheerful Mrcheerful is offline

Default Fixing my Dashcam

On 28/11/2016 09:17, tim... wrote:

"Richard" wrote in message
news
"tim..." wrote in message news

"Richard" wrote in message
news "tim..." wrote in message news
After RTFM

"When affixing the mount to the window the ambient temp must be
21-38 decrees C"

What the !!!!

You mean that I have to wait until July before I can use it?

Anyone any comments

BTW where is the best place to put it?

Should've thought about that before buying it.

Why!

Dunno.

I was simply enquiring about the best place to put it for actually
getting the best picture (from other people's experiences)

I realise that I can hold it in place to see, but given that it's
finally stuck on with glue, rather than a rubber sucker, I can only do
that with it parked in the car park, not trial and error in actual use

I might try and see if I can temporarily hold it in place with sticky tape!

Maybe the supplied lead might be too short...

It's long enough to reach the plug from anywhere on the screen. Whether
that is draped across the windscreen or not, is another matter. But as
long as it's in the space to the left of my mirror I doubt it will cause
anything more than a minor distraction (though I guess I'll have to
remove the lead for my MOT test).

tim

You will be surprised at how annoying that lead will be, I put up with
it for one journey before rearranging things.