Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mrcheerful Mrcheerful is offline

Default Passing gas

On 27/11/2016 23:21, Weatherlawyer wrote:
I have a cabinet gat heater that won't light. Gas is getting through but the pilot light won't catch and I can not get the flame lit with a lighter. I think it is in the clicker switch but have no idea where to look or how to.

Anyone have expereince with the damn things. I have the idea the switch got proressively worse at the end of last year and only found it had completely failed after buying a refill cyclinder the weekend.

Tis a ****er!

You say gas goes through, but you cannot light it? That doesn't sound
right. I once fixed a similar fire, after a summer of disuse, it would
only light with a long gas lighter but not stay alight when the button
was released, I thought initially that it was the thermocouple broken ,
but it turned out that the pilot light was too small to get the
thermocouple to operate. Upon dismantling to get to the pilot light jet
I discovered the reamins of a tiny spider in the air gas mixer venturi
above the jet, cleaned that out and all was well. So in your case it is
probably a similar fault, take it to bits, clean it all and reassemble.