Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New Car Battery

In article ,
wrote:
On Saturday, 26 November 2016 11:43:15 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:

If you learn a bit more about cars you'll find there are lots of old
cars with no provision for a battery clamp. They tend to be prized
rather than called silly. I have no problem with having driven some
pieces of history, and far from your assertion that such is a
danger, classic cars in fact have a better safety record on the road
than modern ones. It appears that paradox and its explanation are
things you know nothing about.

Please give an actual example of a production car supplied with no
battery clamp. Should be very easy for you since they are so common in
your experience.

Lada Riva.

I find that even harder to believe - a car made specifically for pot holed
roads. Lead acid batteries don't take kindly to being bashed around.

Commer walkthrough.

I did say production car.

The first car I owned was a 1954 MG Magnette. Which had a battery
clamp. And all the many I've owned since have a method of securing the
battery too.

But older ones don't, and some post 54 ones don't.

I personally have never seen any car where the battery isn't secured. All
it would need is one accident where the car rolled over and the battery
started a fire to convince even the most stupid maker it was essential.

But luckily they wouldn't be on the road these days anyway because it
would never pass an MOT.

--
*When it rains, why don't sheep shrink? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.