Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default gas fireplace won't start-up - pilot is lit

On Sun, 27 Nov 2016 10:20:28 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Thanks...it is working now. Last year I had the same problem. I need to find out how air is getting into the system. The people at the house have not had any reason why this is happening. Last year it did the same it hesitated to light up. Last year I replaced the switch. This year I had to jump it at the valve connections. Once it lit I removed jump wires and connected back all wires. I then flipped switch and it worked..the only thing I can say is somehow air got into system. I got repair any thing cause it is working now. I will inquire with gas company about what is causing this. Thanks all for your input. I just want to flip switch and fireplace to turn on with out hesitation.

Air _should_ not be getting into the gas line; if properly sealed,
otherwise it seems gas would also be leaking out, no? Are you turning
off the gas valve after winter?

Maybe contact your gas utility company and have them inspect the
lines. In my area they provide a free service to connect gas
appliances and inspect them.