Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New Car Battery

On Saturday, 26 November 2016 11:43:15 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:

If you learn a bit more about cars you'll find there are lots of old
cars with no provision for a battery clamp. They tend to be prized
rather than called silly. I have no problem with having driven some
pieces of history, and far from your assertion that such is a danger,
classic cars in fact have a better safety record on the road than modern
ones. It appears that paradox and its explanation are things you know
nothing about.

Please give an actual example of a production car supplied with no battery
clamp. Should be very easy for you since they are so common in your
experience.

Lada Riva. Commer walkthrough.

The first car I owned was a 1954 MG Magnette. Which had a battery clamp.
And all the many I've owned since have a method of securing the battery
too.

But older ones don't, and some post 54 ones don't.

NT