Posted to uk.d-i-y
Capitol Capitol is offline

Default Glass blocks

David Lang wrote:
Number one daughter wants a glass block 'wall' in their en suite to act
as a shower screen.

Not something I'd tackle & they are having trouble finding a builder
willing to tackle the job as well.

Anyone had ant experience of building one or know of any companies who do?

Yes, I built a wall light panel with these. I used the plastic strips
available to allow me to seat the blocks on silicone, the strips also
are used between the blocks as spacers. I can't remember the source
after 13 years, but search on line. The strips are about 3ft x 2 in x
1/4 in The blocks sit nicely on the strips, but only use silicone in
the middle to fix the blocks, use acryllic filler to finish off the
joints on the outside. I didn't do this and it was a pig to get the
blocks clean with a golden fleece and a lot of work. Using silicone +
acryllic means any movement is absorbed, so no cracking of blocks or
joints. The plasic strips give the wall rigidity, so no reinforcing is
necessary. If I can do, I'm sure you can!