Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default What's it called?

In article ,
harry wrote:
The dash board light on my (heritage ) car are strange ones.
They are filament but there is no metal base, the wires just emerge from a glass capsule and are bent over. It just pushes into the holder.

I've seen similar on some Christmas lights.

What's the prospect for using some sort of LED instead?

Commercially, the G9 capsule - used in table lamps, etc. - has bent over
wire terminals. There are LED versions of the G9 available. Of course,
whether one of these will fit in the space available is anybody's guess.
You might have to make your own.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England