CBHvac

Default 1989 Lennox Central Air Water Condensation and Shutdown?

We already nailed him on that in alt.hvac...

NO tech will start adding refrigerant unless its low....and thats sometimes
more complicated than slapping a manifold on and pumping..
Altho....5lbs is more than some of todays systems hold...even some old 80
model stuff..

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
m...
Joe Esposito wrote:
I have a Lennox Central Air Unit from 1989 that began to give me
problems last week.

/snip/
I suspected the refrigerant charge was low and had a tech install 5lbs
of R-22 and check for leaks. No leaks were found.

Now I have the opposite problem. I no longer have a freezing problem
now the copper line, furnace and basement ducting is dripping from
condensation. Last night the Central Air Unit began to make a loud
grinding noise. I couldn't tell if the blower fan was making the
noise. Like before the unit would not come back on until a few hours
later. Flood-back?

The condensate pump is coming on but I suspect come kind of flow
problem from the drain pipe? Maybe the unit was overcharged?

Any suggestions?

Um, did you tell the tech to just put in more refrigerant, or did he
determine that this was the problem?

Assuming it was the latter, I'd call the tech back and have them fix it
the way they should have the first time.