Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New Car Battery

On 26/11/16 12:03, bm wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
wrote:
If you learn a bit more about cars you'll find there are lots of old
cars with no provision for a battery clamp. They tend to be prized
rather than called silly. I have no problem with having driven some
pieces of history, and far from your assertion that such is a danger,
classic cars in fact have a better safety record on the road than modern
ones. It appears that paradox and its explanation are things you know
nothing about.

Please give an actual example of a production car supplied with no battery
clamp. Should be very easy for you since they are so common in your
experience.

The only one I can think of is an old Mini where the battery simply dropped
into a box in the boot.

I am fairly sure there was a clamp there as well of some sort

fully understood.