Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Extension lead ruined by sunlight

GB came on here to complain that what looks like a £2.99 Aldi extension
strip wore out. So what? Buy another one.

You are so selfish that your only thought is that I was complaining. I
wasn't. I was warning other people on this NG that there's a potential
problem that could lead to an electric shock or fire, possibly.

There's a clue in the OP that ought to have penetrated your self-centred
brain, where I say: "Just a minor warning:".

And, yes, of course, I've thrown the extension lead away, and next time
I buy one it will be a better make. However cheap the original lead was,
it doesn't excuse it being hazardous.