Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New Car Battery

In article ,
Ian Jackson wrote:
In message ,
writes

Low performance vehicles don't need battery clamps to be functional.
I've driven more than one vehicle that had no provision for any sort of
battery clamping. Of course they're a hazard in a crash, that's
primarily why cars now have the clamps.

"Now"? My first car (1964) was a 1953 Ford Prefect. I'm pretty sure that
its battery was secured (was it in a box compartment?) - and I'm
definitely sure that all my subsequent cars had clamps or similar ways
of securing the battery. It's unthinkable that they wouldn't.

Of course. Having the battery rattling around is so silly I'm surprised
that even Mr Purr thinks it OK.

--
*There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.