Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New Car Battery

In article ,
wrote:
An unclamped battery is obviously free to move around, but its
movement is often constrained by what surrounds if and the power
leads. While I certainly don't recommend it, you might be able to
drive for years without anything untoward happening.

Low performance vehicles don't need battery clamps to be functional.
I've driven more than one vehicle that had no provision for any sort of
battery clamping. Of course they're a hazard in a crash, that's
primarily why cars now have the clamps.

Thanks for confirming you're a danger on the roads.

I've yet to see any production car of any age where the battery isn't
secured, as supplied by the factory.

--
*The e-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.