Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New Car Battery

In article ,
wrote:
On Friday, 25 November 2016 11:22:58 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:
On Wednesday, 23 November 2016 00:59:33 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:
On Wednesday, 9 November 2016 15:46:48 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,

I walked in Halfords two years ago, selected the most expensive
battery with the highest power rating and they fitted it - all for
£105.

Was this for your milkfloat? Most cars will only take one size of
battery.

That's never been my experience. Current wheels is on its 3rd
battery, each of different capacity.

Think you haven't read what was said. About selecting the most
expensive and highest current rating battery Halfords stocked and
having it fitted by them.

then you thought wrong

I'll give you 100 quid if the most expensive/highest capacity battery
that Halfords sell will fit either of my cars.

With respect what Halfords sell is of no relevance.

Do you actually read the posts you're replying to?

Most cars have only one size that will fit it

they don't of course

In which case there's no need for the vast number of different types,
then. You simply buy any you fancy and fit it.

A completely illogical and nonsensical conclusion from the reality that
one can often fit a battery of different size to the original.

I'd guess your definition of 'fit' might be different to others.

- unless you're stupid enough to fit a smaller one and have it
rattling around.

car batteries don't rattle around, even if for some reason you
forget to fix them in place.

Only one with no knowledge of cars would think all fixings are the
same and will work with any battery.

No-one has proposed such, as if you brain were functioning you'd well
know.

It's exactly what you said by replying to my post.

--
*Prepositions are not words to end sentences with *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.