Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] rique57@yahoo.com is offline

Default gas fireplace won't start-up - pilot is lit

My recent problem is pilot light is lit but when I turn on the switch to light up fireplace it doesn't light up. So, I used a paper clip to jump it at the connections and after a while it lit up. So I conect the wires back and it is now working like it's supposed to. My question is, what is the problem, why didn't it turn on at first before jumping? Is it a possible bad wire or gas valve. Remember I thought it was the wire..but when I reconnected everything back and turn the switch on it worked.