Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Drone roof survey?

On 25/11/2016 17:49, Robin wrote:
On 25/11/2016 17:27, GB wrote:

Two downsides:
1. You might crash it into the roof and find it gets stuck up there.
You'll look foolish.

True but can mostly be dealt with by (a) insurance, (b) carrying ladders
and fishing rod on the van, and (c) thick skin

2. There are rules on where you can fly these, which I've never fully
understood.

Yep -but AIUI the rule against flying near buildings etc are for the hoi
polloi. But Dave could seek permission from the CCA for his operations
by getting qualified. AIUI not cheap - but I think it'd mean he could
put "Drone Pilot" on his van/website/etc

It's a growing business.