Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Drone roof survey?

On 25/11/2016 17:38, David Lang wrote:
On 25/11/2016 17:27, GB wrote:
On 25/11/2016 17:23, David Lang wrote:
Just had a thought.

If you are buying a house, you have a survey. But not on the
roof/chimney stack?

That's likely to be the most costly thing to repair.

It occurs to me that if I buy a drone with a video camera, not that much
money, I could do a video survey of the roof/chimney stack for not too
much. Easy money & I get to play with a drone!

Not done much research, just an idea. Any thoughts?

Two downsides:
1. You might crash it into the roof and find it gets stuck up there.
You'll look foolish.

True enough, I'd have to learn to fly one.

2. There are rules on where you can fly these, which I've never fully
understood.

Haven't looked yet, but I think at just over house height it should be
OK? Only 10 metres?

It's the other way around, ie whether you are too close to people. It
may be okay on private land, with the owner's permission.