Posted to uk.d-i-y
MuddyMike MuddyMike is offline

Default New Car Battery

On 25/11/2016 09:42, wrote:
On Wednesday, 23 November 2016 00:59:33 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:
On Wednesday, 9 November 2016 15:46:48 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,

I walked in Halfords two years ago, selected the most expensive
battery with the highest power rating and they fitted it - all for
£105.

Was this for your milkfloat? Most cars will only take one size of
battery.

That's never been my experience. Current wheels is on its 3rd battery,
each of different capacity.

Think you haven't read what was said. About selecting the most expensive
and highest current rating battery Halfords stocked and having it fitted
by them.

then you thought wrong

Most cars have only one size that will fit it

they don't of course

- unless you're
stupid enough to fit a smaller one and have it rattling around.

car batteries don't rattle around, even if for some reason you forget to fix them in place.

I have seen first hand the devastating results of a car battery that was
not clamped in.

Mike