Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

Default washing machine troubles

On 24/11/2016 22:55, wrote:
On Thursday, November 24, 2016 at 10:45:23 PM UTC, Lee wrote:
Is the lack of a click a definite test?

Even if you have identified the correct part, not really, a definitive
test would be to hook a meter to it with the thing running...
I did not think failure of the switch itself was that common though,
maybe others can chime in here?

I have looked up a pressure sensor for my washing machine on a spares website. The picture of the sensor looked the same as the part I was testing.

The problem is that while the symptoms are highly suggestive of that
part failing (or the hose being blocked) it's not definitive. There cold
be issues with poor solder joints on the control board or connections
that have broken due to vibration.
I would not want to suggest purchasing a replacement switch based on
what you have said here.