Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default O T Begging charity adverts on TV

"Bod" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Nov 2016 08:31:48 -0000, Bod wrote:

On 21/11/2016 08:13, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
"Capitol" wrote in message
o.uk...
Is it just me, or are others fed up with the quantity of begging
adverts
on TV? If I resonded to all of the, I reckon it would cost me over 2K
pounds a year. I do wonder how much it costs to make the advert and
screen
it and fear that most of the doantion is wasted. I have a couple of
charities I support each year, and they don't spend a penny on TV.
What do
others think?

most charities are just a money making fiddles and jobs for those who
run
them...peanuts go to the needy .....

Chidren in need is the only charity that I donate to, simply because
*all* of the dosh goes to help the kiddies.
Oh and the once a year Poppy.

The war ended ages ago.

Many severely injured war veterans are still alive and need looking after.
That costs money.

Yes, but that should be provided by the govt, not by charity.

It isnt even clear that say little luxurys for them should be provided
by charity either or that is what the donators intend should happen
to their donations.

And just like with all charitys, **** all of the donations
end up in the hands of those it is intended for.