Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default O T Begging charity adverts on TV

On 11/21/2016 9:50 AM, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
alan_m writes:
It's the same with most charities. They outsource a lot of fund raising
to third parties who may only return a few percent of the money raised
to the charity. I doubt if of little the money raised by street
chuggers, cold calling doorstep saleman or tin rattlers outside of
supermarkets/sheds goes to the charities they claim to represent.

If you want to give to charity, do so by standing order directly to
their account, and not in response to chuggers, who will often take
all of the first year's contribution as their fee.

+1

I have a blacklist of what I regard as "good" charities that I no longer
donate to because they have cold called me. I always make the point of
telling such cold callers about my blacklist. Perhaps I should start a
campaign to encourage everyone to do this.

And I regard chuggers as the spawn of satan.