Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] chade@newsguy.com is offline

Default washing machine troubles

On Wednesday, November 23, 2016 at 8:58:19 PM UTC, Lee wrote:
As Brian suggests, it could be a sensor issue Google also suggests this.
However, just because the sink is draining freely doesn't necessarily
prove the machine is. I would check that first, taking the waste hose
off the spigot and putting in a bucket would be worth trying to
eliminate that possibility and also verify that the drain pump is working..

I have just tried messing about with it with the drain hose over a bucket. Water flows quickly down the hose when the pump is running. The fault with washing remains the same. If it is a sensor fault is it easy to identify which one and replace or is it not a simple amateur repair, and so a sensible place for me to stop and get a different machine?