Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default O T Begging charity adverts on TV

On Mon, 21 Nov 2016 08:31:48 -0000, Bod wrote:

On 21/11/2016 08:13, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
"Capitol" wrote in message
o.uk...
Is it just me, or are others fed up with the quantity of begging
adverts
on TV? If I resonded to all of the, I reckon it would cost me over 2K
pounds a year. I do wonder how much it costs to make the advert and
screen
it and fear that most of the doantion is wasted. I have a couple of
charities I support each year, and they don't spend a penny on TV.
What do
others think?

most charities are just a money making fiddles and jobs for those who
run
them...peanuts go to the needy .....

Chidren in need is the only charity that I donate to, simply because
*all* of the dosh goes to help the kiddies.
Oh and the once a year Poppy.

The war ended ages ago.

Many severely injured war veterans are still alive and need looking
after. That costs money.