Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Surface wiring

Bill Wright wrote
John Rumm wrote

As I have needed to do a few installations recently which were all
surfaced wired, I though I would lob the few photos I had into an article
with some tips on wiring surface stuff.

What I got so far was:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Surface_wiring_tips

In the first shot (ceiling light) I would have put the cable at the very
top of the joist rather than roughly half way up. It would have looked
much better. And I would have used twice as many clips, and I would have
spaced them evenly. I would have had a shorter pendant cable to minimise
the chance of the lamp getting knocked. But a four or five foot
fluorescent fixed to the bottom of the joist would have been far better
anyway.

Yeah, agree with you on all those points except that I'd use small plastic
trucking in the corner between the joist and the ceiling instead of exposed
wire.

Maybe even use the channel intended for LED strip lighting instead of
trunking
with the wire inside that or U channel aluminium in the corner over the
wire.