Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_3_] Bill Wright[_3_] is offline

Default Surface wiring

On 24/11/2016 02:53, John Rumm wrote:
As I have needed to do a few installations recently which were all
surfaced wired, I though I would lob the few photos I had into an
article with some tips on wiring surface stuff.

What I got so far was:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Surface_wiring_tips

In the first shot (ceiling light) I would have put the cable at the very
top of the joist rather than roughly half way up. It would have looked
much better. And I would have used twice as many clips, and I would have
spaced them evenly. I would have had a shorter pendant cable to minimise
the chance of the lamp getting knocked. But a four or five foot
fluorescent fixed to the bottom of the joist would have been far better
anyway.

Bill