Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default Extension lead ruined by sunlight

Brian Gaff wrote:
How long did this take, assuming your house is not on the surface of
the planet Mercury of course!
Brian

Just a minor warning: I had an extension lead on my desktop, in a
sunny position. I've just thrown it out, as the plastic has crumbled
away. Potentially very dangerous, as the conductors were showing.

This was discussed here months ago. I think that the poster was dennis@home
or something.
It was suggested that some heavy object had fallen onto his extension lead.
He posted a dropbox video of the crumbling plastic and his fingers removing
little bits of plastic.