Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] chade@newsguy.com is offline

Default washing machine troubles

Hello,

I have a Zanussi ZWH6160P washing machine. Lately it has been giving me trouble. It started when the door would not open after a wash. I ran the "Drain" program then the door opened. As per the manual I removed and cleaned the drain filter even though it did not seem to be dirty. I am confident I replaced it according to the instructions. However since then the machine will not wash.

When I select the program I want and press the start button it fills with water for about ten seconds then spins at a high speed for about five seconds then just stops. The door will not open again until I have run a "drain" program. I have looked at the drain hose and can not see any kinks. The other end of the hose attaches to a sink spigot. The sink appears to be draining freely. The lights on the front of the machine are not displaying an error code.

The only fault listed in the manual that is vaguely similar is to do with an unbalanced load but that only kicks in after ten minutes (or so it says). Is the next step taking it apart? If so how should I get the water out? Even after running the "drain" program several times there is still water in the machine, I know because I can see it when I lift the filter cover.

TIA