Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default New Car Battery

On Tue, 22 Nov 2016 22:31:16 +0000, Tim Lamb
wrote:

Have you asked MrCheerful (in uk.rec.cars.maintenance) if he can
provide the code?

Er no. Can this be done on line? I think the issue arose because the
code recorded in the car handbook did not match the radio fitted.

I'm sure it is not the case here but,
My nephew could not get his radio on again after installing a new
battery.
A month or two went by before I visited and noticed.

Have you tried putting the Code in ?
Yep , didn't work.
lets try again anyway , go and get all things you got with the car.
Nephew return with document wallet.
Where is the code written , its often on a seperate card ,
" No ,mines in the Handbook " as he opened the page that described how
to enter the code into the radio.
Did you use this code then?
"yep, Doesn't work "
So you really entered that number 1234 in the handbook
"Yep"
You didn't think the word EXAMPLE in front of it might just mean
that.
OH, Didn't notice that
Give us that document Wallet.
Found a card with a number on it.
30 mins later the radio was working, it would have been 5 but his
Mother and I couldn't stop laughing.

G.Harman