Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default New Car Battery

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
writes
On Wednesday, 9 November 2016 09:06:11 UTC, Tim Lamb wrote:

What is the current state of play regarding *coded* radio sets and
battery changing?

Either know the code & method of entering it, or hook up a 2nd battery
eg via the fag lighter so it never loses 12v

Hmm.. nice little earner for the re-coding shop:-(

Computers manage to survive switch off, why not radios?

Why not just keep a note of the code when you get the car?

Not my car at the time. If they bothered to check I expect the garage
assumed the code in the car handbook was correct.

--
Tim Lamb