Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default New Car Battery

In message , Old Codger
writes
On 22/11/2016 22:31, Tim Lamb wrote:
Have you asked MrCheerful (in uk.rec.cars.maintenance) if he can
provide the code?

Er no. Can this be done on line? I think the issue arose because the
code recorded in the car handbook did not match the radio fitted.

Do you know which garage/main dealer originally supplied the car?

Yes but they are long out of business! This is a Y reg. Zafira!

I had this problem but fortunately had main dealer key tags. I
e-mailed them, explained how I had become the owner and why I had the
problem and then asked if they had records of the correct code. IIRC it
took two ore three weeks for them to reply, presumable they checked
with the licensing people, but they did provide the code they had on
file. It worked.

Best of luck.

Thanks.

I tend not to use the radio while driving and this is my *go-fer*
vehicle so is not much used for long journeys.

--
Tim Lamb