Posted to uk.d-i-y
MuddyMike MuddyMike is offline

Default What to do with mail when abroad?

On 22/11/2016 23:53, Nick Odell wrote:
On 22/11/2016 08:25, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 21/11/16 20:46, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
news On 21/11/16 16:48, Capitol wrote:
harry wrote:
On Monday, 21 November 2016 10:34:58 UTC, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
An elderly friend is going abroad over Christmas for 5 weeks to
visit
family, and wants to know what to do about his letterbox, which wont
hold 5 weeks of mail and would rather give the game away if left
stuffed
with weeks old letters.

Poste Restante seems to only hold mail for two weeks.

What are the alternatives?

We have a friend come and pick it up every few days. We didn't bother
one year and couldn't open the door when we came home. So much junk mail
and something jammed perfectly under the door.

Mike