Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Damn Olson blades

On 11/22/16 11:10 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

On 11/22/2016 4:25 PM, Travis McDowell wrote:
replying to Leon, Travis McDowell wrote:
Not necessary, a good blade and a good band saw do not need
guides at all.
Lonnie Bird was at our local Woodcraft last Saturday
demonstrating his line of CMT router bits. I showed Lonnie your
message on my iphone he said you were more full of **** than a
thanksgiving turkey then lectured our class on the staggering
amount of misinformation on the internet.

-- for full context, visit
http://www.homeownershub.com/woodwor...es-802682-.htm

Who is Lonnie Bird?

He is there to sell you something. I got my information from the
MiniMax rep. Granted you should use guides but you can saw with
out them.

I suspect the Minimax rep knows worlds more about this subject
than him.

Lonnie Bird wrote a book on bandsaws. The typography and pictures
were better than the same vintage Duginski book, but I don't remember
enough about the content to give you an idea of its quality.

Puckdropper

I think we've all seen lots of book by supposed experts that contained
false information or thing that had been excepted practice for decades
and decades which were taken as the Gospel truth simply because they'd
never been challenged or changed.

Not to take anything away from Mr. Bird, but I wonder if he ever even
tried it.
BTW, I think the post about him saying what he did was complete bull$h!t
anyway, so my last point is kind of moot. I'm guessing Leon fell for
some troll bait which we all do from time to time.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--