Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Mac Davis Mac Davis is offline

Default Sharpening gouges

On Tue, 22 Nov 2016 12:03:16 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Thursday, April 10, 2008 at 2:15:12 PM UTC-5, Jerry - OHIO wrote:
Is there a given angle for spindle and bowl gouges ?
I have some cheap tools that require frequent sharpening and I can't get
the angle back on my two gouges.
I've sharpened drill bits for years but I just can't get these gouges to
cut like they used to.Any help would be approached.
Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/WOODWORKING

Thanks for the information, especially on angles. Do you happen to know where I could get a book, video or class in Houston, Texas on sharpening the gouge?

There are several on YouTube... I use Brandan Stemp's channel
often....