Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Damn Olson blades

On 11/22/2016 7:04 PM, Leon wrote:
On 11/22/2016 4:25 PM, Travis McDowell wrote:
replying to Leon, Travis McDowell wrote:
Not necessary, a good blade and a good band saw do not need guides at
all.

Lonnie Bird was at our local Woodcraft last Saturday demonstrating his
line of CMT router bits. I showed Lonnie your message on my iphone he
said you were more full of **** than a
thanksgiving turkey then lectured our class on the staggering amount
of misinformation on the internet.

--
for full context, visit
http://www.homeownershub.com/woodwor...es-802682-.htm

Who is Lonnie Bird?

He is there to sell you something. I got my information from the
MiniMax rep. Granted you should use guides but you can saw with out them.

I suspect the Minimax rep knows worlds more about this subject than him.

And to bring you up to speed on this. I visited the home office at
Minimax to demo the MM16. Unfortunately for both of us, me and the rep
showing me the saw, there were no guides on the MM16. We sawed with
guides anyway per his comment that you can saw with out guides.