Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New Car Battery

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
Does anyone steal car radios anymore? I happen to have this dead one
from the previous owner allowing a garage to change the battery:-(

In which case there's no point in having a code.

Think some still do.

If the radio is heavily integrated, there doesn't seem to be any code (I
haven't had one on recent cars).

Depends. Just because it's integrated doesn't mean there's not a posh
alternative (Bose or whatever) that is also integrated. And the one a mate
had fitted to his Suzuki at vast cost did have a code number.

But I think they are still used for aftermarket radios that are
relatively easily nicked.

My aftermarket DAB one has a key card - which fits the SD card slot. Which
you can also use a normal SD card in - to record to or replay from.

--
*The older you get, the better you realize you were.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.