Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New Car Battery

On Tue, 22 Nov 2016 21:46:53 +0000, Tim Lamb wrote:

In message , Bob Eager
writes
On Tue, 22 Nov 2016 21:14:57 +0000, Tim Lamb wrote:

In message ,
writes
On Wednesday, 9 November 2016 09:06:11 UTC, Tim Lamb wrote:

What is the current state of play regarding *coded* radio sets and
battery changing?

Either know the code & method of entering it, or hook up a 2nd battery
eg via the fag lighter so it never loses 12v

Hmm.. nice little earner for the re-coding shop:-(

Computers manage to survive switch off, why not radios?

Because they're deliberately designed to disable the radio if it's
removed.

Does anyone steal car radios anymore? I happen to have this dead one
from the previous owner allowing a garage to change the battery:-(

In which case there's no point in having a code.

If the radio is heavily integrated, there doesn't seem to be any code (I
haven't had one on recent cars).

But I think they are still used for aftermarket radios that are
relatively easily nicked.

Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org