Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Another Glue Q

On 22/11/2016 12:48, rick wrote:
I have 2 plastics I need to glue together

ABS pipe which is inserted into Polypropylene cast female sockets.
The fitting is a close fit.

Polypropylene is not an easy item to glue .... thought about using
Loctite Plastic Bonding System (2-part)
http://tinyurl.com/brfak4z

It seems capable - but when I Googled the comments were immediate grab,
no repositioning .... which would mean being able to push pipes into
sockets would be a problem.

If it were ABS-ABS then normal solvent would be fine ...but it is no
good on Polypropylene

Is this on waste pipe attempting to join push fit to solvent weld?

If so, how about a universal compression fitting?

--
Cheers,

John.