Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What to do with mail when abroad?

On 21/11/16 18:22, Hankat wrote:

news
An elderly friend is going abroad over Christmas for 5 weeks to visit
family, and wants to know what to do about his letterbox, which wont
hold 5 weeks of mail and would rather give the game away if left
stuffed with weeks old letters.

Poste Restante seems to only hold mail for two weeks.

What are the alternatives?

One obvious alternative is to get a neighbour to collect the mail.

That's what we do.

If I can organise that for him, that is best. I wont be there myself

--
€œIt is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
who pay no price for being wrong.€

Thomas Sowell