Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian[_11_] Ian[_11_] is offline

Default TV radio and internet advertising......

I suppose trolls need to eat too...

On 2016-11-21, Rod Speed wrote:

Nope, hasnt destroyed TV and it aint gunna either.
Those with even half a clue record it and skip the ads.

It has certainly destroyed ITV from my pov. I can't tolerate
watching it live, and there's so little worth watching I don't
bother recording. The decent stuff is usually available on disc
(eventually) or elsewhere.

Even sillier than you usually manage with the BBC alone.
And google is still very usable and the ads easy to ignore.
Some like the BBC certainly have.
Wikipedia doesnt.
Not with wikipedia it isnt. It isnt alone either.
And yet some like wikipedia dont bother.
Not a chance while ever the BBC and others are funded otherwise.
wikipedia is nothing even remotely like that.

Yes, there are exceptions. The BBC certainly should be, but as
others have said it has it's own problems. Google are still being
sensible enough not to kill the golden goose. Yet. Wikipedia is
a true community effort, what the internet should be (and I know
it's far from perfect).

Neither is facebook either.

I block facebook at layer 3. That's a different kind of evil.

--
Ian

"Tamahome!!!" - "Miaka!!!"